OSPREY - State of the Art
- Using ultra high-pressure water and ‘state of the art’ computer control technology the OSPREY system is a self-contained truck mounted unit that requires no support vehicles and no disassembly to enable movement on the road.
- It is able to continuously remove rubber deposits whilst recovering all water and debris from the runway surface and can operate for over 4 hours on a single fill of water.
- The OSPREY removes rubber over a 2000mm path at an optimum speed of 600 linear metres per hour (1200 square metres per hour). Advances in our jet head, nozzle and control system design mean that these rates are increasing all the time.
- This relatively slow forward speed ensures that the operator is able to maintain a minimal linear overlap. Some systems that move forward at a faster rate place huge strains on the operator trying to ensure that the overlap remains constant and that there are no areas missed.
- Another advantage of our optimum speed is the assured full recovery of debris and waste. Effective removal is only the first stage of the process. The rubber must be collected to ensure that it is not re-deposited.